
Our Saturday started out in a big way - with Papaw setting up the bed he made for Ford! Papaw is so talented and has made several pieces of furniture for our household. Ford was so excited to see the bed that was made especially for him and was even more excited to help Papaw put it together! Ford loves power tools and actually helped bolt the bed together!
Ford was thrilled to spend his first night in his "big boy bed" and it made me so happy to see our little boy sleeping in a bed that my Dad made!

This picture shows the finished product - as well as a night stand that my Dad made for me in January of 1976 when I was almost five years old! I have moved that night stand many times in my life and am so pleased that my son is now using it, along with the bed his grandfather made him! He will hopefully have these two pieces of furniture for the rest of his life! Thanks Dad!!
2 comments:
WOW! That is an awesome Big Boy Bed! Everything in Ford's room looks fabulous... and I really like his quilt too!
That is so special. I hope Ford always keeps that bed! You've got a great family Tracey!
Post a Comment